Thursday, March 24, 2005

Green Eggs and Ham and Squirrely Bread

I had promised Madison yesterday that I'd come and pick her up tonight after work and take her to my house. So after I visited Dee and her new baby [It's a boy!] at the hospital this afternoon, I headed home. I stopped in at Mom's and was greeted as if I were a celebrity by the little girls. The "bad news," according to Maddy, was that her mom didn't have to work tonight after all and so she couldn't spend the evening with me like we had planned. This was just about the time that the parents were to come and pick the girlys up. Well, they worked me over enough that I ended up giving in and taking them home with me anyway. Shanna--Maddy's mom--came just as we were pulling out of the driveway. Madison was so disappointed that I arranged to take her home in a couple hours. How exciting to go to Kris's house. So instead of having the productive afternoon I thought I was going to have, we instead filled our sippy cups with Sierra Mist, we ate Starbursts that settled in our teeth, we read "Green Eggs and Ham," and we learned how to tie our shoes--"the squirrel goes around the tree trunk and you pull his head through." Hannah was NOT impressed when her dad came, but I convinced her she needed to be a cheerful little girl anyway. When I dropped Maddy off at home, she said, "Thank you, Kristina, for letting Hannah and me come to your house." What a sweety.

It should have been no surprise when Dr. G asked me to go on the Internet to research some Squirrely bread; after all, I had spent quite a bit of time last week trying to locate somewhere--anywhere--where we can order his Birdseye Ketchup from. Why, it's the only ketchup that doesn't have onions or garlic in it. This came after the Winn Dixie across the way was unfortunate enough to have to close its doors for good. So in the meantime, he petitions Krogers to carry this wonderful product. I finally found a website that would let us order this humble ketchup. So Dr. G goes to Washington for a little getaway weekend and leaves behind his orders to go ahead and get the ketchup. The day we go to place the order, we get a letter from Krogers in response to his "inquiry," and yes, they have decided to carry the product--available within 2 to 3 weeks. The Doc gets back from Washington, rejoices in the Kroger news, and proceeds to ask me to research this new bread he has found--Squirrely bread. All natural, no flour. What am I exactly? The local food barn?

Ah well... I'm enjoying my spring break this week. It's not any less busy--it's just that I can procrastinate doing my homework without being penalized for it the next day. I've got two papers to write and a book to read. I've started one of the papers, but couldn't bear to finish it--an analysis on the piece of art I picked out at the museum about a month ago. Instead, I went over to Martin's office tonight and attempted to file my taxes. I thought I was doing pretty good, but by the end of the night, Sharon was literally begging me to just go to H&R Block. If she'd just answer my questions, we'd be getting along fine. And saving a lot of money too! Thank God for the Hope Credit.

It's midnight now, and I just remembered that I had been inspired earlier to wash my sheets. And... uh... well, they're not on my bed yet. Gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home