Wednesday, December 07, 2005

No More English!

I handed in my research paper for English 300 this morning, and in so doing, have fulfilled all my English requirements. The deadline was not until 1:00, but I finally just quit at 11:30. I decided you have to just stop at some point, and since Lori had to leave by noon to go take a Math exam, I had to be at work to take over for her. There is always something else to include, something else to fix, something else to eliminate. And you just run out of time.

We were supposed to pick something in our chosen fields, so I chose to write on the different ways that pharmaceutical companies influence physicians to write their products. Although I felt like I just didn’t have enough time to devote to the topic, I felt pretty good about my final product. I spent many, many hours on it (and my other papers for that class), so that is why I’ve had no time to keep regular updates coming in.

I had an exam in my Economics class at 9:10, and with our English class not meeting at 8:00, I just studied for Econ till class started. It didn’t take too long to fill in the twenty bubbles for the exam, after which I went to the library to work on the paper until time expired. I spent most of my time trying to cite my sources and coming up with the proper parenthetical form. The nice thing is that the handing in of the research paper takes the place of a final. So I am now FINISHED with not just this class, but with all of my English requirements. I don’t mind writing, but researching stuff is a big pain, and citing the research is even worse.

I took my last Music test yesterday. In this class, if we have an A average after this test and have gotten in all our extra credit, we are exempt from the final. Mr. G told us yesterday that we MUST show up in class tomorrow to find out if we are in the cast of lucky ones to not have to take the final. “Do not call me,” he said. “Do not camp outside my home; do not come visit me in my office. Show up in class!” In fact, if we didn’t show up on Thursday, he said we should just plan on taking the final. Bah! So then tonight, he sends us all an email in which he lists those who do not have to take the final and goes on to say that no, because he is ahead of schedule, we do not, in fact, have to show up in class on Thursday. I keep going back and re-reading it, thinking there’s some sort of something that I’m misinterpreting. But oh well. I guess I’ll take him at his word and not show up after all.

So with my English finished and my Music out of the way, that leaves my Accounting test next Tuesday night and an Economics final next Friday. They’re spaced apart nicely, but they’re both real doozies! The Accounting final is a department final, which is very scary. And Econ? Econ, by its very nature, terrifies me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home