Sunday, September 25, 2005

Back to the Drawing Board

I received an email through an email list the other day from a former WKU German student who is teaching in a small town in eastern Germany.

“I'm working right now at a small, private, bilingual school in eastern Germany, and the school is seeking four or five qualified teachers to teach the primary grades.

Responsibilities:
Teaching primary school students in all subjects at all levels in ENGLISH.”

I cannot tell you how much this appeals to me. This is so ME. And I have thought about this for three days straight, and I am wondering (again) if I am on the wrong track. Do I switch my major (again)? This would be switch number three (Elementary Ed to English to Healthcare Administration to…Elementary Ed). Argh!

I am now for certain considering a minor in German, as well as a minor in CIS, as well as… well, never mind! There just isn’t enough time, nor enough money!


Back to the drawing board.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kris,
I haven't know you very long, nor do I know you very good. We've shot some emails around.... I keep hearing your longing to teach. Do it... don't force yourself to learn something "just because somebody has to do it"... You know what I mean... Your dad would probably strangle me for telling you to leave what you're doing now, and he'd probably strangle himself if you actually did it!!

Knowledge is never wasted, your time spent learning what you have has helped many people. But at some point you have to follow your heart... I think. Usually girls don't have to be told that, that's just how they do!

You're smart enough and dedicated enough to make a go of anything you do... Think about not forcing yourself in one direction, when your love is another...

Maybe I should have emailed this.... but here it is.
Maybe I should delete it all, but here it is...

10:17 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

A.R., You're right. Maybe I could do both? I'm pretty sure I don't want to get involved in the U.S. public schools because of the lack of discipline and the powerlessness with which to do anything about it.
I could go back to teaching in private schools, but well.. one can only live below poverty level for so long..

I think maybe I'll use my HCA credentials to support my other habit. How 'bout that?

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home