Sunday, February 18, 2007

Eye to Eye

In one of my classes at the table in front of me sits a very tall fellow. When I say “tall,” I mean really, really tall—the kind of tall that requires him to duck when stepping through the doorway. He’s also in the lab for this class, and even though these are our first classes with him, it hasn't taken him long to make our acquaintances. As tall as he is, I had wondered that he isn’t playing basketball. As it turns out, he is an ex-basketball player, having transferred from Montana after a career-ending injury.

So anyway, at the end of our class on Thursday, he had something he hadn’t finished talking about, and I found myself effectively blocked off from leaving the classroom while he finished. He was talking abut our department head and was telling me some things about which he disagrees. “I just don’t see eye to eye with him,” he said.

With a brilliant flash of inspiration, I flopped my head back dramatically in order to gaze up at his 7+ ft. self and said, “Well, quite frankly, there aren’t many people who do see eye to eye with you.”

His guffaws echoing down the hallway confirmed my brilliance of the moment, and I am ashamed to admit that I have chuckled about it several times since.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is funny!

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok that above comment was me? forgot to put my name to it! have a good one!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home