Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Good Deal

This thing of dragging heavy books around is very tiresome indeed. I have had a sore back again since this semester began, and I’m tired of it. So I made it my business to march up to the fifth floor of Grise and inquire about the rental of a locker. The gal I was to see was downstairs helping Dr. A with some boxes, so I settled down on the bench in the hall to wait. I was a little nervous about possibly being perceived to be the naughty child waiting for the principal in the Norman Rockwell painting.

She finally came back. I dropped my cell phone into my backpack and was glad to be able to rise from what I was beginning was to be my permanent perch for the afternoon. “What can I do for you, Sharon?” she said with a pleasant smile. That doesn’t happen to me as often as it happens to Sharon, so it was a bit odd to hear myself inserting, “I’m Sharon’s sister….” So a bit of awkwardness later, I was in possession of locker 178A. I was expecting to pay at least $25 for the rental, but it only cost $10 for the entire semester. Add the $3 lock, divide it in half (because Sharon is planning to utilize it as well), and we’ve got ourselves A Good Deal at $6.50 a piece. Hopefully, it will pay for itself in the chiropractor savings.

Now if I can just keep from losing the key.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Heh, heh, it's about time!

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home