Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Grad School

Grad school is hard! And I don't like it much. There is soooo much homework, and the writing is endless. In one class alone, I have to write a 15-20 page research paper in addition to thirty (30) chapter summaries in an 832-page book. I mean, these professors actually expect us to read our textbooks! How novel is that?

The classes I am taking this semester are as follows: Managed Care, Healthcare Organization & Management, Human Resources, Decision-Making, and an Informatics computer lab (taking up three weekends).

"I hate my homework life," I told Sharon earlier this evening. She thinks she has it just as bad, but I'm not so sure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's grad school for ya! :) It sounds as though you're enrolled beyond full-time (9 hours) though. Ugh.

My one piece of unsolicited advice is to select your topic for that paper NOW so you can start researching and reading months before the deadline. You probably are already doing this, but it was a lesson I finally learned once I realized the futility of waiting for a topic to hit me like lightening at some random point in the semester. Don't count on it! Ha, ha!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Thanks for the advice, Naomi. I am enrolled for 13 hours, and yes, it is a challenge, for sure. I have a topic picked out, but it usually changes at least a little when I actually sit down to do it, depending on what sources are available. I've picked some out, and so I need to start reading. But who has the time for reading these days?

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home