Thursday, August 26, 2004

Open Mouth...

August 26, 2004

...Insert foot.

I went to my English 200 class for the first time last night after I had had an awful day at work. It seems something managed to worm itself onto my computer at work--some spyware of some sort. It installs this little thing called "My Daily Horoscope," as well as a little thing called "TimeSync." I've uninstalled these programs multiple times, but every time I reboot, it just reinstalls itself. Argh! Horoscopes? Bah!

I strolled down the halls of Cherry Hall to my room down in the basement. I was about twenty minutes early for the class, and there was only one other lady waiting in the hall outside the room. Ahh.. another non traditional student at least, I thought. "Are you waiting for that room?" I asked, nodding toward the door where the teacher from the previous class was still finishing up. "Yes," she said, smiling tightly. I flopped up against the wall. "I don't know if I'll like literature," I sighed. "Do you think you'll like it?"

"I'd better," she said. "I'm teaching it." (eek) "Ohhhh," I said, going into babble mode. "Are you a graduate student?" (very cheerfully)

"I graduated from here," she said, "but that's been a while ago." Just shut up, Kris...please!

Let's just say I don't think I got off to a very good start in this class.

Today was my day to go from my algebra class at the top of the hill to my sociology class at the bottom. My backpack felt so heavy this morning, I decided to weigh it on our scales before I went to class. I had my big old algebra book, my two sociology books, plus my notebook and folders in it. I fully expected to see the scale reflect back somewhere in the fifty to seventy pound range. I was shocked that it ended up only at fourteen! I claim it feels like at least fifty...especially when I'm going back up the hill! And wouldn't you know it...the zipper busted on it today. It is not just my imagination that it's a heavy item. Come to think of it...I've been having chest pains all night too. Think they could be caused by my backpack???

This evening found Dr. G sitting on my countertop with his bare feet propped up on top of my desk. I got to listen to him lecturing Charlie about the virtues of learning how to work on a farm. Charlie and Mason are sick of farm work and want him to quit, but noooo.... we MUST advertise in the Daily News for a Farm Manager who is willing to work with horses, cows, and adolescents.
Well, I've got an algebra quiz in the morning, so I must go study some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home